- This event has passed.
50413: Mastering Microsoft Project 2010
April 30, 2018 @ 8:00 am - May 2, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
One event on April 30, 2018 at 8:00am
One event on July 18, 2018 at 8:00am
Live Online Instructor Led
About this course
To get the most from any project management software, the user must understand the project management techniques upon which the software is based. This course presents the most popular project management software in the context of how a project manager will use it. Participants in this course learn the functions of the software and the project management concepts which make the software effective.
This presentation begins with the basic concepts and leads participants through all the functions they’ll need to plan and manage a small to medium-sized project, including how to level resources and capture both cost and schedule progress.
The course uses a combination of learning methods in teaching this course. It takes the approach of we will discuss what we are going to show the student, demonstrate to the student and have the student perform an exercise or follow the steps of the instructor in learning a new concept or feature. This course is lectured based coupled with click-alongs and labs to complete. Our goal is to maximize the time students have their fingers on the keyboard. To do this, we have traditional exercises within nearly every lesson, and “Click Along” demonstrations. Each Click-Along is indicated with a special icon in the margin of the student manual. Students should be able to follow the instructor through these demonstrations.
The labs will be noted in the syllabus as exercises to follow the nomenclature that is being used in the student manual.
At course completion
- Understand the discipline of project management as it applies to using Project.
- Learn how to leverage the new Graphic User Interface (Ribbon)
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Identify Task Relationships
- Define Resources within Project
- Make Work Package Estimates
- Learn how to leverage Team planner
- Learn how to inactivate tasks
- Learn how to leverage the task inspector
- Learn how to leverage the Timeline
- Create an Initial Schedule
- Create a Resource Leveled Schedule
- Manage and track the project through the software
- Format Output and Print Reports
- Integrate Multiple Projects
- Set up a Project with a Calendar, Start date, and scheduling method
- Understand Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule
- Manage multiple projects.