- This event has passed.
55122: Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Search Administration
June 11 @ 8:00 am - June 12 @ 5:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on June 11, 2018 at 8:00am
Live Online Instructor Led
About this course
This three-day instructor-led is intended for Search Administrators, Site Collection Administrators and Site Owners who want to improve the end user search experience. The class is an ideal follow up for the SharePoint Server Administrator who has attended “20489 – Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions” and is looking for more on the daily administration of SharePoint 2013 Search. This class covers the Standard and Enterprise Editions of SharePoint 2013 and Office 365 / SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Search is one of the more ignored areas of SharePoint administration. As Search is often the only way users can find content in a large organization, and as SharePoint 2013 Search is both very powerful and very configurable, Search should be considered one of the more important services in need of formal administration and frequent tuning. While this class will cover the ongoing maintenance of search administration, its focus is on improving the efficiency of your end users in finding “stuff”!
This course is intended for…
- SharePoint Search Administrators.
- SharePoint Server Administrators.
- Anyone wanting to drive user efficiency and SharePoint adoption. Use the search reports to monitor both search and user activity.
- Customize the search and search results pages.
- Improve user search results using Authoritative Pages, Query Rules and Query Suggestions.
- Describe and plan for alternate search techniques including PowerShell, web services and custom code.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use both basic and advanced techniques to search SharePoint.
- Manage SharePoint 2013 Search from Central Administration.
- Manage Office 365 / SharePoint Online Search.
- Configure search from within sites.
- Understand and customize Search Schemas and Managed Properties.