- This event has passed.
6425: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server® 2008 Active Directory® Domain Services
April 16, 2018 @ 8:00 am - April 20, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Live Online Instructor Led
About this course
This five-day instructor-led course provides in-depth training on implementing, configuring, managing and troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environments. It covers core AD DS concepts and functionality as well as implementing Group Policies, performing backup and restore and monitoring and troubleshooting Active Directory related issues. After completing this course students will be able to configure AD DS in their Windows Server 2008 and Windows server 2008 R2 environments.
The course also provides a direct mapping to the objective domain of the 70-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring exam.
This course is intended for Active Directory Technology Specialists, Server and Enterprise Administrators who want to learn how to implement Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 environments. Those attending would be interested in learning how to secure domains by using Group Policies, back up, restore, monitor, and troubleshoot configuration to ensure trouble-free operation of Active Directory Domain Services.
Those intending to take the 70-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring exam will also benefit from attendance at this course.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features and functionality of Active Directory Domain Services.
- Perform secure and efficient administration of Active Directory.
- Manage users and service accounts.
- Manage groups.
- Manage computer accounts.
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage User Desktops with Group Policy.
- Manage enterprise security and configuration by using Group Policy settings.
- Secure administration.
- Improve the security of authentication in an AD DS Domain.
- Configure Domain Name System.
- Administer AD DS domain controllers.
- Manage sites and Active Directory Replication.
- Monitor, maintain and back up directory Service to ensure Directory Service continuity.
- Manage multiple domains and forests.